We’re looking for talented people to join our team
Michelle Simmons AO
- Director Silicon Quantum Computing
- Director Centre of Excellence
- Editor-in-Chief, Nature Quantum Information
Scientia Professor Simmons has pioneered a powerful technology for creating electronic devices in silicon with atomic precision. Her team has developed the world’s first single-atom transistor, the world’s narrowest conducting wires and have demonstrated the ability to encode information on single atoms with record fidelity, spin relaxation and coherence times.
She is a Fellow of the Royal Society, the American Academy of Arts and Science, the American Association of the Advancement of Science, the UK Institute of Physics, the Australian Academy of Technology and Engineering and of the Australian Academy of Science.
- Australian of the Year
- Asia Pacific 2017 L’Oreal-UNESCO Women in Science Laureate
- US Foresight Institute Feynman Prize in Experimental Nanotechnology